Seismic Shifts in Travel and Tourism Industry Impact the Role of the Travel PR Professional
The roles for all involved with tourism marketing are changing, and it’s important to stay connected to the front lines of CVBs, DMOs, hotels, attractions and others to understand how key trends are hitting home – and what to do about them. This month, I teamed up with Angela Berardino at Turner PR to talk specifically about the trends impacting PR professionals.
A summary of our thoughts was just published in the O’Dwyer’s Travel Issue.
In the article, we discuss five key trends, including:
– More pressure to work as publishers and content producers
– Increasing “gray space” among paid/earned/owned media
– Importance of creative partnerships
– The great measurement/reporting overhaul
– Moving beyond press releases to visual curation
Take a look and see what you think – then come on back to our blog to share your thoughts and suggest other trends and changes we might have missed.